New Build with many improvements
First of all, thank you very much for the overwhelming response. Every time I work on a game for a jam is a wild ride, I never know if I will be able to deliver. Turns out "Demon Burst" was a successful attempt and one that I'm very proud of. Lots of things were learned and in general I'm very satisfied with the results!
That being said, I'm bringing an updated version with some fixes and improvements done to the game, the biggest one being fixes to the score system and implementation of the online leaderboard. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm afraid the online leaderboard might crash because I'm using a free host, but if that happens it should not affect the game at least.
Anyway, here are the changes:
- "E" is now listed as the "Select" key in the Control Configuration menu and is properly implemented as a mechanic (previously it was meant for debugging).
- The timer will no longer reset after each stage, meaning the "Run Time" will be displayed properly and the "Time Bonus" will be calculated accordingly in the results screen.
- Online Leaderboard implemented. New scores will be calculated, sorted and posted online. The leadeboard can be accessed from the main menu or displayed automatically if your final score gets in.
- Slimes have their hit points reduced from 4 to 3.
- The first Dragon from the Level 1 boss battle will take more hits before summoning help.
- Imps from the Devil boss battle will despawn whenever they go off-screen.
- Added sound effects for things that didn't have any.
- Score numbers from defeated enemies sometimes would stay frozen. There's now a new solution in order to prevent that from happening.
- Fixed a small issue in the title screen that made some objects disappear for 1 frame.
- Fixed a glitch in with the CRT filter would not load after transitioning between screens.
I've also added 64-bit OSX and Windows versions do be downloaded. Currently they have an issue where the leaderboard values are not displayed properly, but they are being submitted normally. I'm going to upload fixed versions of these builds tomorrow.
Thank you so much to everyone who have played, sent me feedback and sent me gameplay videos. I'm truly happy that you have been enjoying my game!
Get Demon Burst
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.